Apple store at Southpoint stays shut, alongside more than 20 other Apple stores

Apple store at Southpoint stays shut, alongside more than 20 other Apple stores

The Apple store at Streets at Southpoint mall was shut Tuesday, with voicemail demonstrating that it would remain so “until further notice.” However, an update at the store’s site said early Thursday that doors would resume at 2 p.m.

A wide variety of services are accessible, the site notes.

The returning comes as MacRumors reports that Apple has shut down a few stores in New York City and across the city.

At Crabtree Valley Mall, the Apple store was open with COVID-19 limitations — on social distancing and for masks — in place.

“Not all of the closures are related to the virus, with five stores closed in Washington state following inclement weather,” Joe Rossignol reports.

“Apple did not comment on the closures, but it said many of the stores that are temporarily closed continue to serve customers with orders placed for pickup or same-day delivery,” MacRumors noted. “Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman has previously reported that many store closures have been due to rising COVID-19 cases among employees.”

“We regularly monitor conditions and we will adjust both our health measures and store services to support the wellbeing of customers and employees,” the company said in a statement.

Fourteen days prior, Apple indeed started requiring anybody inside its US retail stores to wear a mask as worries mount over rising Covid-19 cases and the spread of the Omicron variant.

New York is amidst a significant Covid-19 flare-up, constraining its transportation system to declare Monday that there will be fewer trains running this week. The MTA said it needs sufficient staff individuals to keep service operating at full capacity.

The state of New York broke a single-day record for new Covid-19 cases on Christmas Eve, hitting 49,708, as per the Governor’s office. The number of new Covid-19 cases in New York City skyrocketed over 600% in the past two weeks to 17,334 Monday. Yet, Mayor Bill de Blasio said he accepted the positive case number “is going to peak really soon.”