FIFA examines Brazil-Argentina World Cup qualifying sham
- Guest Posts
- September 7, 2021
Football governing body FIFA has opened a disciplinary examination concerning the Brazil-Argentina World Cup qualifier which was deserted in the midst of ludicrous conditions.
“FIFA regrets the scenes preceding the suspension of the match between Brazil and Argentina for the [South American confederation] CONMEBOL qualifiers … which prevented millions of fans from enjoying a match between two of the most important football nations in the world,” it said Monday.
“The first match reports have been sent to FIFA. This information will be analysed by the competent disciplinary bodies and a decision will be taken in due course.”
Six minutes after kick-off in Sao Paulo the game was ended as laborers from the health authority Anivsa attempted to eliminate UK-based Argentina players for purportedly penetrating Covid quarantine rules.
Anivsa had said without further ado before the game that Premier League quartet Emiliano Martinez, Cristian Romero, Giovani Lo Celso and Emiliano Buendia had been ordered to quarantine because of their essence in the UK – a red list country in Brazil — within the beyond 14 days.