How To Calculate International Container Shipping Rates The Right Way– A Brief Guide 2023
International shipping rates for containers aren’t rocket science. All you need to know about is some important factors that affect the price of international shipping rates for containers.
In this article, you will explore all the crucial factors that determine international shipping rates for containers. Let’s find out how to Calculate International Container Shipping Rates.
Calculate International Container Shipping Rates – Factors To Consider
The cargo size helps determine the shipping rates. Other features like container dimensions, floor space, and weight can also change rates. Over 16 different sizes of containers are available. The two most popular ones are:
- 20-Foot Containers:
- 20-foot containers are a good choice for holding 3BHK home contents.
- They offer a floor space of 150ft².
- 40-Foot Containers:
- Double space than 20-foot containers.
- It’s a better value option because it won’t cost you as much as a double 20-foot container.
Type Of Transport
International shipping charges vary according to the type of transport. The four major freight options are:
- Sea Freight:
- One of the most economical options.
- It’s about 14 times cheaper than air freight.
- Air Freight:
- The quickest way to ship an international container.
- Takes three days at max to take a container anywhere in the world.
- Truck Freight:
- Suitable choice for shipping to shorter destinations.
- Containers will get delivered straight to the home location.
- Train Freight:
- Environmentally friendly option than trucks.
- It is a relatively economical option when the container is not supposed to be delivered across the ocean.
Distance To The Destination
Travel distance also affects the rate of shipping. The average cost of shipping for some popular destinations is:
- 20-foot container: $1785
- 40-foot container: $2664
- 20-foot container: $1259
- 40-foot container: $1879
- 20-foot container:$2797
- 40-foot container: $4175
- 20-foot container: $1441
- 40-foot container: $2914
- 20-foot container: $2114
- 40-foot container: $3115
- Costa Rica:
- 20-foot container: $890
- 40-foot container: $1329
Some Other Factors
- Carrier-Related Charges
- Documentation Fees
- Taxes And Duties, etc.
International shipping rates for containers are very easy to calculate. They are very affordable. You may have to pay some extra packing, insurance, and home delivery costs. They are not included in these shipping rates.