- September 19, 2020
Keto Dessert Recipes Without Sweeteners
Lately, people are becoming conscious of their appearance and working more and more on their physique. But losing weight is…
Lately, people are becoming conscious of their appearance and working more and more on their physique. But losing weight is not an easy feat; hitting the gym takes a lot of time, requiring much dedication and discipline and resulting in people losing interest in developing their physique. Looking for a solution now, people rushed into dieting, but they found out that you can gain as much as you lose with restrictive dieting. The restrictive diet leads to cravings, which eventually leads to overeating again.
This is why the ketogenic diet was developed. With a ketogenic diet, you can eat delicious food without the constrain of calorie change caused by other dieting styles. The ketogenic diet has been around as far back as the ancient Greek; then it was used to treat epilepsy. Even till now, it is still a means to treat childhood epilepsy. Lately, the ketogenic diet is now a popular activity and for good reasons. It helps utilize body fats and those stored in the body, which is why it is an efficient way of losing body fat, even the hard ones that require a lot of time and discipline in the gym before you can shed them.
It has positive effects like helping to normalize blood sugar levels. In some cases, it is known to shrink tumors and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. You can see how effective a ketogenic diet can become if practiced the right way.
Ketosis is when the body produces ketones, which can serve as an alternate fuel source for the body. They are usually made in the liver; it gives energy and replaces glucose as the body fuel source. Traditionally, the body’s primary fuel source is glucose, which is gotten from the carbohydrate-rich meal consumed. Glucose is a quick source of energy for the body and has insulin acting as the messenger.
The insulin sends a message to open the body and allows glucose to be used as a source fuel for the mitochondrion, also known as the energy factory. The more the carbohydrate consumed, the more the amount of insulin produced by the pancreas. The body can become desensitized to insulin. This results in the secretion of more insulin by the pancreas, caused by the constant or high availability of blood sugar. This situation is a result of consuming high carb food.
When the body is not sensitive to insulin, the pancreas continues to produce more and more insulin to make the body detect it. Suppose this continues; the pancreas no longer can produce insulin resulting in type 2 diabetes. The ketogenic diet’s main idea is to reduce carb, which leads to excess glucose. So cutting down the carbs leads to a glucose deficit, and the body needs to use energy. The fats are used to replace glucose as a source of energy in the body.
Keto Dessert Without Sweeteners
Those days of ignoring dessert all because you are on a diet are gone. Keto dessert is an excellent way to satisfy your dessert cravings and maintain a healthy lifestyle. During weight loss, many people cut back on glucose and replace it with fructose. Fructose is usually seen as a safe sugar, but the body is configured to use glucose as a fuel source and not fructose.
Excess consumption of fructose leads to it being stored as fat. It can also transform into three dangerous compounds – triglyceride, uric acid, and free radicals. Triglyceride is hazardous to the liver and increases the chances of developing stroke and respiratory failure, while Free radicals are harmful to the gene and could change the DNA. It also accelerates the aging process. Uric acid may lead to gout and also harm the kidney. However, natural fructose from fruits and vegetables is better, but excessive consumption can lead to inflammation, obesity, and increased body fat. Below are some examples of keto dessert recipe without sweetener;
Chocolate Fat Bomb
This pretty dessert is sugar-free and yummy; it tastes just as good as it looks.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- Four tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- Four tablespoons almond nut (chopped)
- Place a pan over medium heat, heat butter, and oil and stir frequently. Transfer to a bowl and mix with cocoa powder and coconut flour.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until frozen solid. Using an ice-cream scooper, scoop into a ball.
- Coat the balls in almond nuts and refrigerate for 15minutes before serving.
- Healthy Peanut Cookie: this recipe is simple to prepare and does not take up much time. they taste even better when cold
Prep and Cook Time: 18 minutes
- ½ cup dark chocolate chip
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Two tablespoon ground flax
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Seven dates fruit (pitted and chopped)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup warm water
- One teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 3500C. Add flax to warm water and stir. Set aside.
- Put all the ingredients to the food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Line the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour into a bowl and scoop out the small-ball size of the dough into the pan. Bake for 13-15minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in the refrigerator.
- Vegan Fruit and Oatmeal Bars: this is a dessert recipe that can also make a tasty lunch. Also, it is quite easy to prepare.
Prep and Cook Time: 18minutes
- 1 cup of oats
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup date fruits (pitted and chopped)
- Four tablespoon Chia seeds
- ½ cup of a ripe banana (mashed)
- One tablespoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup of dried apricot (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 3500C. Spray the baking pan with a cooking spray.
- In a processor, add apricot, chia, banana, vanilla, tahini, baking soda, and cinnamon. Process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, bake for 18minutes.
- Allow cooling for 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Keto-Dessert Cookbook
The keto-dessert cookbook contains all your favorite dessert and pastry recipe. It is as good as regular dessert recipes only with less harmful ingredients. One of the benefits of this cookbook is that it is computerized and easily accessible. Amazing right, buy online and download it to your cell. This cookbook gives you access to keto-friendly dessert recipes with cheap and simple ingredients. There is a segment of the book that provides information about a healthy lifestyle. The book has all your traditional recipes; only they are presented to you in a healthy treat.