Contentment is not in the numbers; it is the acceptance of fate while having faith in God. Being content does not mean you should stop earning, growing or learning especially if you have the ability to do so. That’s like the one talent guy that Jesus spoke about in Matthew 25:14-30 who was OK with just staying put. You can reshape the way you earn, grow or learn but do not become lazy in the name of false contentment. Being broke does not always mean you are content and contentment is absolute trash without godliness (1 Timothy 6:6-10). The effect that gains and loses have on your relationship with God is how you know if you are content or not (Job 1:21; Philippians 4:11).The only thing in life that you should be content with having as irreplaceable is God. Be content with having and loosing everything for God’s sake. If you can spend 20 hours watching re-runs on TV, you can spend that time earning or learning. Don’t talk yourself or let anyone talk you into poverty or laziness in the name of contentment.
- “Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare. “It’s no good, it’s no good!” says the buyer – then goes of and boasts about the purchase.” (Proverbs 20:13-14).
Showing off or spending above your ability just to impress your neighbors instead of focusing on your needs, is simply foolishness. Why show for praise when you can sow for a raise? Your neighbor may not be alive tomorrow to see your new Mercedes Benz that you bought to impress even when you know that you can’t afford it. Stop letting people live in your head RENT-FREE and get your money game straight.
Here is a summary of ten daily tips you should always remember:
1. CHRISTIANS are not poor or rich people. They are just people who love God more than whatever material stuff they may or may not have.
2. POVERTY does not guarantee holiness so be careful what you wish for because laziness is just as bad as the love of money.
3. WEALTH is not greed and anyone – rich or poor can fall into this category of greed.
4. GIVING is something that you do and not something that you only tell other people to do.
5. EXPECTATION of a return should not be a motivation when you give because the thought of people owing you a favor is a recipe for a life of disappointments.
6. GENEROSITY is measured by the sincerity of the thought behind what you give and not by how much you give.
7. MATERIALISM is a state of mind, which cannot be quantified. This is because your luxury can be someone else’s needs. As you may have heard, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
8. WASTE of time is like wasting money because time is money. Priority should be your plan for life.
9. SPENDING the money you need for food to buy a fancy plate and then complain about being hungry is like putting your shoes on backwards while complaining that it hurts.
10. MONEY is not evil just as temptation is not a sin. The love of Money is root of all evil. Earn it but don’t chase it.
Your material possessions, talent, time, love, soul and health belongs to God. You get to decide what to do with your blessings. Just don’t forget that these things are all temporary and must not come between you and your God. Use your God-given abilities and talents to earn, grow and learn as much as humanly possible because you can’t give something out of nothing.
Stay Blessed my friends.