- December 13, 2021
Tips for a Healthy Diet
We’ve all heard the saying, ‘you are what you eat’, yet most people quickly let that one slide by and…
We’ve all heard the saying, ‘you are what you eat’, yet most people quickly let that one slide by and pay less attention to healthy food, relying on processed foods, which might not be the best thing for you in the long term. We all know what a balanced diet is and some of us have a firm handle on what we actually consume and if you are looking to improve the quality of your food intake, here are a few tips.
- Online organic farms – Some people cite the reason that getting organic fruit and vegetables is too difficult, yet there are lots of small, independent organic farms that sell their fresh produce online. You can place a weekly order to ensure that your fridge always has fresh produce and all the family will get the vitamins and minerals they come with organic produce.
- Eat selected meats – Livestock should be fed natural feed like Natura betaine, which helps animals deal with heat stress and only contains natural ingredients. Do some research and if you have a local butcher, he probably uses natural methods to prepare the meat, which is better than buying from a supermarket.
- Control your sugar intake – There are a million and one reasons to completely eliminate sugar from your diet, but if that is too high, at least limit sweet foods to a minimum. Those that do watch their sugar intake report good things happening in terms of overall health & well-being and every little helps. Gum-chewers should be on sugar-free gum and there is no need for that sugar in your coffee. If you are looking to straighten your teeth, check out this article on the benefits of Invisalign.
- Processed foods – Let’s be honest, most of us do not read the ingredient label when buying processed food and some of the chemicals they use are harmful in the long term. Of course, manufacturers do not advertise this, yet they are required to state what is in the product and a little online research will educate you more on processed food products and what to avoid.
- Avoid unhealthy snacks – While we all love to snack during the day, you should make sure that your nibbles are actually healthy. Change from chips to nuts and there are many wholefood suppliers online where you can order healthy snacks, which can replace your usual favorites.
- Stay hydrated – We are 75% water and a lack of fluids will have a negative impact on your health. The more active you are, the more water you need; the recommended input is 6-8 glasses per day and if you live in a hot and humid part of the US, this might not be adequate.
Of course, you also need adequate physical exercise in order to remain fit and healthy and combined with a balanced diet, you have the basis for long-term health & well-being. We can all make improvements when it comes to a healthy lifestyle and the benefits of doing so are indeed many.