How to become a DJ? DJ ALEX AliDAD, one of the best Iranian DJs in the field of art in the Middle East, explains all the steps for those people who want to become a DJ
To be a good DJ, you must have a very high level of knowledge of music as well as the ability to lead a crowd. Public relations is very important because with this ability you can listen well and use your equipment to change tracks.
1. You must first decide whether you want to become a music expert or just enjoy others. Enjoying others means working on songs that suit the mood of the majority of people.
2. Music expert means working with songs that you like and have no dependence on people’s tastes.
3. Buy the necessary equipment. You can work with different CDs or buy a vinyl (with disc).
4. Find information on all genres of music. You are probably familiar with some famous and important songs of several genres, but this is not enough. There are many websites that can help you with this. Usually these sites have songs that you can download for free. You should also know the best songs of each genre because these are the songs that people usually look for.
5. Download all the songs that you think at least four out of five people can dance to. In this way, even those who do not like that song join the congregation and dance with it.
6. Play a song that you think a group of friends like. If 80% or more of them said they liked it, then make that song specific to that group.
7. Strengthen your public relations. Try to transform yourself into a person who attracts everyone. If you want to always need the attention of others, you will certainly not succeed in your work.
8. Learn party games that can keep a lot of people entertained.
9. Ask a friend who wants to have a party to do his DJ work for free. By doing this, you can measure the reaction of the crowd to yourself.
10. If becoming a DJ is right for you, then you will receive offers and you should accept these invitations at a lower price than professional DJs.